Diamond-tip microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a slightly abrasive instrument to gently exfoliate the skin, removing dead skin cells at the surface.
If you take the word apart, micro means small; derm is short for dermis and means skin; and abrasion means the process of scraping away. It literally means the process in which you use instruments to create microscopic abrasions in the skin to remove the thicker top layer of the skin.
LED Light Therapy or light emitting diode therapy, is a skincare treatment that uses varying wavelengths of light. NASA originally developed it for plant growth experiments on shuttle missions and later found it to have promise for wound treatment. LED light therapy is now used to support treatment of various skin concerns.
Please confirm dates and availability with us prior to purchasing
Why Train In Microdermabrasion?
- The benefits of the treatment are endless. Smooth skin texture, brighter complexion, reduced appearance of fine lines, evened out skin tone, reduced appearance of dark spots and cleaned-out pores.
- Immediate results
- You can charge between £35- £50 per 40 minutes per session (dependant on your location)
- Most clients will be suitable for this treatment.
Why Train In LED?
- Unlike other types of light therapy, LEDs do notcontain ultraviolet rays. Therefore, they’re safe for regular use.
- LED light therapy doesn’t cause burns compared to other anti-aging treatments such as chemical peels, dermabrasion, and laser therapy. It may be safe for all skin colours and types.
- It can be used as a stand alone treatment or an add on to another treatment like microdermabrasion.
- You can charge from £15- £40 per 30 minutes session (dependant on your location)
Home Study and Practical
- Introduction of Diamond tip Microdermabrasion
- Theory related to microdermabrasion treatments for clients
- Patient Selection and contraindications
- Indications and treatment protocol
- Mechanism of action and applications
- Treatment techniques
- Post procedure care
- LED therapy protocol
- Hands on practice- 2 models
Course Duration & Cost
You will be required to do home study and attend a one day practical.
Microdermabrasion & LED Light Therapy £199
Why Choose Us?
- This course will allow you to offer the most on trend and in demand treatments that are results driven. The key to a successful business is to offer services that clients will want to keep coming back for. All of the treatments within this diploma have proven results which will support you in customer retention.
- We do not offer online courses for treatments that require the skill that can only be performed in front an experienced trainer. We ensure we offer a practical course that allows you to work on 2 models per treatment. We want you to be confident in the skill so you can start your business straight away.
- We are not an Academy and we take pride in this. This means we offer more than just training you in a skill. We understand how difficult and overwhelming it can be to start a new business and our ethos is to provide guidance and support to get you started.
- All our sessions have an option of 1-2-1 sessions for a personalised experience and have a maximum of 4 students per session.
- Your journey with us doesn’t end in the practical training session. When you train with Elixir Skin Training you become a part of our brand. We stay in touch with all our graduates and provide that motivation to get you going, which you will not find in large Academies.
Quality of training is important but so is what comes after- we support you in every aspect because we want to see you build your business.