Diamond-tip microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a slightly abrasive instrument to gently exfoliate the skin, removing dead skin cells at the surface.
If you take the word apart, micro means small; derm is short for dermis and means skin; and abrasion means the process of scraping away. It literally means the process in which you use instruments to create microscopic abrasions in the skin to remove the thicker top layer of the skin.
- The benefits of the treatment are endless. Smooth skin texture, brighter complexion, reduced appearance of fine lines, evened out skin tone, reduced appearance of dark spots and cleaned-out pores.
- Immediate results
Pre treatment advice:
- Please come to your appointment with clean skin, free of makeup.
- Please do not drink alcohol 24 hours prior to the treatment.
- Please avoid blood thinning medications 48 hours prior to treatment. These include aspirin, ibuprofen, Advil and other anti-inflammatory drugs. Never stop taking medication prescribed by your doctor without his or her consent.
- Facial waxing may be performed no less than 48 hours before the procedure, no less .
- Electrolysis treatment should be undergone no less than 7 days before the procedure.
- AHA products and retinoids should be avoided no less than 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Microdermabrasion should not be performed within 2 weeks of procedure.
- Laser treatments and associated peels may occur no less than 4-6 weeks prior to procedure.
- Please wait 2 weeks if you have had Botox or dermal filler injections
- No sun beds or direct sunlight at least 1 week before or after having any treatments.
- Please do-not come to the appointment if you feel unwell, have a fever, sickness bug, cold or flu.