Diamond-tip microdermabrasion is a newer procedure, but one that quickly gained popularity as a crystal-free microdermabrasion option. Instead of using crystals to exfoliate the skin, a wand with a diamond-encrusted tip is passed over the skin. The diamond tip abrades the skin and, like the crystal version, the exfoliated particles are then vacuumed away through the same wand.
This procedure lessens the likelihood of particles getting into and causing damage to the eyes or mouth and is regarded as an especially safe form of treatment.
If you’re looking for fast, reliable treatment for skin issues like wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars, uneven skin tone, or stretch marks, you might consider getting this procedure.
Pre treatment advice:
- Please come to your appointment with clean skin, free of makeup.
- Please do not drink alcohol 24 hours prior to the treatment.
- Please avoid blood thinning medications 48 hours prior to treatment. These include aspirin, ibuprofen, Advil and other anti-inflammatory drugs. Never stop taking medication prescribed by your doctor without his or her consent.
- Facial waxing may be performed no less than 48 hours before the procedure, no less .
- Electrolysis treatment should be undergone no less than 7 days before the procedure.
- AHA products and retinoids should be avoided no less than 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Microdermabrasion should not be performed within 2 weeks of procedure.
- Laser treatments and associated peels may occur no less than 4-6 weeks prior to procedure.
- Please wait 2 weeks if you have had Botox or dermal filler injections
- No sun beds or direct sunlight at least 1 week before or after having any treatments.
- Please do-not come to the appointment if you feel unwell, have a fever, sickness bug, cold or flu.