Microneedling is a popular treatment in staying youthful. It’s a procedure that uses fine needles to puncture the skin and create a controlled skin injury in order to rejuvenate skin. It’s also called skin needling, collagen induction therapy (CIT), and percutaneous collagen induction (PCI).
During the procedure, a topical numbing cream is applied and then a mechanical derma pen ( we do not use derma rollers) is used to insert tiny needles into the skin to cause microinjuries or punctures. The idea is that the damage caused by the needles encourages your body to send healing agents (elastin and collagen) to the cuts to repair them. By making tiny columns of trauma in the dermis, the body is forced to make new collagen to fill them in and heal them. This new collagen makes skin look and feel slicker, tighter, and more youthful.
Nano-needling stimulates collagen production in the skin by safely infusing active ingredients from your serum through tiny nano-channels. This is less invasive with no pain or down time nor a requirement of numbing cream and allows up to 97% product absorption.
Why Train In Micro and Nano Needling?
- Microneedling is used to treat and improve conditions like acne scarring, fine lines and wrinkles, loose skin, skin texture, pore size, brown spots, stretch marks, and pigment issues.
- Almost anyone can have the procedure performed as long as they do not have any active infections, lesions, or any known wound healing problems.
- Risks involved with receiving microneedling are lower than many other skin treatments, such as chemical peels or light/laser therapies. The procedure is more effective than more aggressive treatments for acne scarring as well as more affordable for clients.
- There is no downtime with nanoneedling and currently not many estheticians offer this treatment.
- You can charge between £90- £180 per session (depending on your location)
- Introduction of Skin Needling science
- Needle depth selection
- Patient Selection and contraindication
- Indications and treatment protocol
- Mechanism of action and applications
- Treatment techniques
- Post procedure care
- Hands on practice- 2 models
Course Duration & Cost
Home Study with one day practical
Microneedling and Nanoneedling £350
Why Choose Us?
- This course will allow you to offer the most on trend and in demand treatments that are results driven. The key to a successful business is to offer services that clients will want to keep coming back for. All of the treatments within this diploma have proven results which will support you in customer retention.
- We do not offer online courses for treatments that require the skill that can only be performed in front an experienced trainer. We ensure we offer a practical course that allows you to work on 2 models per treatment. We want you to be confident in the skill so you can start your business straight away.
- We are not an Academy and we take pride in this. This means we offer more than just training you in a skill. We understand how difficult and overwhelming it can be to start a new business and our ethos is to provide guidance and support to get you started.
- All our sessions have an option of 1-2-1 sessions for a personalised experience and have a maximum of 4 students per session.
- Your journey with us doesn’t end in the practical training session. When you train with Elixir Skin Training you become a part of our brand. We stay in touch with all our graduates and provide that motivation to get you going, which you will not find in large Academies.
Quality of training is important but so is what comes after- we support you in every aspect because we want to see you build your business.